Spaghetti and Meat-Free Balls
500g meat-free sausages, burger patties or mince (I swear by Fry’s)
1 stem of fresh rosemary
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
1L tomato pasta sauce (homemade is best)
500g of whole-wheat spaghetti or pasta alternative
1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
1 chopped green chilli, deseeded (optional)
1 teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- Boil pasta according to its package instructions.
- Place sausages/burgers/mince into a blender along with garlic and ginger.
- Pulse until this mixture breaks down and becomes coarse.
- Take the leaves off your fresh spices by running the stems through your fingers so the leaves easily fall off. Place these in the blender.
- Add your chopped chilli or chilli powder.
- Drizzle the coconut oil all over the mixture in the blender.
- Blend this mixture until a thick, pasty mixture is formed.
- Form this into little balls of approximately 3cm in diameter.
- Place a flat frying pan on medium heat (my stove has 9 heat setting so I used 4/5)
- Place balls on frying pan and fry. Move the balls around so that they cook evenly on all sides.
- Remove when balls are golden to brown on all sides and place on paper toweling to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with heated tomato sauce and freshly cooked pasta.Recipe by Mireesha Narsai – Miss Earth South Africa 2016 3rd runner up: Fire
#MeatFreeMonday #MeatFree #PlantBasedPrincess #FoodSecurity #HealthyLiving #Vegeterian